of The Policy
The overall purpose of this policy is to ensure confidentiality in respect of all information relating to clients, management and contractors.
This policy is designed to promote clarity and transparency in what can be a complicated and/or involved immigration issues. This document is designed as a policy of what is to be achieved or adhered to, and how this is to be achieved.
ALMOND LEGALS’s confidentiality policies and procedures are underpinned by legislation including Article 8 of the Human Rights Act. All client information will be kept confidential except where the adviser is compelled to disclose information by reason of a legal or regulatory obligation.
The scope of this policy applies to the following areas:
- the provision of immigration advice and support services;
- the recruitment, employment, training, and work related activities of paid and / or voluntary staff, and the Firm’s Management;
- the development of the Firm’s image and public relations;
- The Firm’s contact and working relationships with other support agencies, organisations, businesses, and contractors; and
- Clients support forum and all initiatives in which clients participate.
The scope of this policy covers confidential information including:
- details of client support issues, applications information, document information, and personal contact details;
- Staff and volunteers personal files, personal salary and expense details, supervision/appraisal/disciplinary records, job application forms and references, training records and other work related issues, home addresses and personal phone numbers; and
- Paperwork, faxes, emails and details from discussions with clients from the Firm staff, management, and client meetings and other meetings that may occur.